Defence Discount Service
HOT SUMMER STEALS AND DEALS FOR ARMED FORCES’ FAMILIES
29 July 2013
Armed Forces families stuck for ideas on how to entertain the kids this summer now have hundreds of exciting activities to choose from thanks to exclusive discounts and deals at top attractions across the UK, the Under Secretary of State for Defence Lord Astor has announced today.
Over 1,750 companies have shown their support for our Armed Forces and have offered generous discounts through the Defence Discount Service. The deals slash the prices of visiting major attractions across the country to make this the most enjoyable summer yet for Armed Forces families.
The hot deals include:
- Up to 60 per cent off National Express travel to fun, family friendly destinations across the UK;
- Up to 40 per cent off admission to Alton Towers;
- Up to 20 per cent off tickets at VUE cinema;
- Up to 40 per cent off admission at Thorpe Park;
- Up to 35 per cent off admission at Legoland;
- Up to 40 per cent off admission at certain Sealife Centres across the UK; and
- Money off local swimming pools across the country.
The Under Secretary of State for Defence Lord Astor said:
“It is great news that so many companies have signed up to the Defence Discount Service and have committed to going that extra mile for our Armed Forces to ensure their families have an enjoyable summer break. I hope Armed Forces families across the country enjoy the exclusive deals and I would encourage every business to show their support for our Armed Forces by joining the Defence Discount Service and / or the Corporate Covenant.”
Around 88,000 members of the Armed Forces community are currently members of the Defence Discount Service, with more signing up everyday. They have exclusive access to the heavily discounted offers and can check out the deals online, using a mobile phone app or in store using their unique privilege card.
- The Defence Discount Service was launched in October 2012 and is open to members of the Armed Forces community including Serving Regular and Reserve personnel, veterans, spouses/partners of Service personnel and bereaved spouses/partners.
- The Defence Privilege Card is a key part of the new Defence Discount Service and is available to members for £4.99. It ensures that those signed up to the Defence Discount Service can claim their discounts and privileges in participating stores across the country.
- To view the wide range of discounts and privileges and for more information on how to sign up visit www.defencediscountservice.co.uk.